Fourth Avenue Homes
Direct Support Staff (DSP) in a group home setting. The DSP will report to Program Coordinator, Program Director, Human Resources, Administrator.
- Advocate and provide support to promote the needs, interests, and preferences of the person(s) served
- Have an understanding of the person, respecting each person’s history, dignity, preferences and cultural background
Responsibilities and Duties
- Display appropriate and safe techniques in activities of daily living
- Implement the person’s active treatment plans including the desired service outcomes
- Medication administration
- Effectively de-escalate difficult situations
- Perform daily duties and responsibilities as assigned, such as but not limited to: Household duties, laundry, household errands, appointments, shopping, leisure activities, etc.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing; A DSP must possess basic problem-solving skills, have a strong desire to help others and improve the quality of life of the people they are working with
- Must be able to pass a background study
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be over the age of 18
Job Type: Full or Part-time including asleep and awake overnights. This position is great for college students as locations are close to campus and our company is very flexible around school schedules.
Pay: $15 – $20 per hour based on experience and consumer needs
Benefits: Flexible schedule
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types: Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Willmar, MN 56201: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Caregiving: 1 year (Required)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit fourthavenuehomes.org.