At Fourth Avenue Homes, we believe every person should be treated with dignity and respect in their pursuit of independence. We provide services and support to those who need them most, so they can realize their potential!
Integration & Advocacy for People with Brain Injuries
Services provided through the BI waiver can ensure people who have sustained a brain injury and related conditions can assert their choice to live their preferred life. In addition to community integration and advocacy, our trained staff provides 24-hour care in licensed residential homes. We strongly believe that when people are comfortable and at ease, they are more likely to prosper!
Fourth Avenue Homes focuses on:
Round-the-clock support & assistance
Personalized, case-based help
Skill building & community connection to enhance independence
Individuals in a Fourth Avenue Home can learn living skills and household duties and also receive staff assistance. Our goal is to boost the individuals independence and level of comfort.
What we do at Fourth Avenue Homes
Services for Individuals with a Brain Injury
Fourth Avenue Homes’ services are ideal for people with brain injuries or a degenerative brain disease who need case-based assistance but not highly structured support as they want to develop their sense of self.
The individuals we support include:
- people with brain injuries, a degenerative brain disease, or trauma who need scheduled care, assistance, and advocacy
- people with mental health issues associated with brain injuries
- people in a long-term recovery plan after a brain injury or head trauma incident
BI Waiver Program
Common eligibility requirements include (but aren’t limited to):
- Certified as ‘disabled’ by the State of Minnesota or Social Security Administration
- Eligible for Medicaid in Minnesota
- Under the age of 65 when waiver period is open
- Can receive care in a nursing facility/neurobehavioral hospital but prefers care in a licensed home
- Has medical history and documentation proving brain injury or injuries
- Has experienced significant behavioral/cognitive issues due to that injury or injuries
Fourth Avenue Homes Service Area
We respect the dignity, spirit, rights, and needs of each person we work with. At Fourth Avenue Homes we assist in the growth and development of people so that they can learn the skills necessary to be contributing members of their communities.
We work with individuals in the following counties:
Support Starts Here!
If you know someone who could benefit from help from Fourth Avenue Homes, refer them to us!